Pollinator habitat management is a crucial step in having honey bees. As a beekeeper you must provide your bees with access to forage, if there is not enough within flight distance of your hives you must provide additional forage habitat. This learning series will not only teach you how to incorporate pollinator habitat into your landscape but we will SHOW you how to with a pollinator habitat installation at Kimmel Orchard.
After this lecture, you will have a better understanding of:
- Preparing the soil for your flowers
- Common mistakes in installations and how to mitigate them
- Seed mixes and what they provide to your bees
- Why to provide additional habitat for your bees
- How to manage invasive species in your habitat
- How to source funding for your own habitat installation