Apiculture Business Financing
Center For Rural Affairs (CFRA) REAP
- REAP provides loans to business 6%APR
- Can do value-added product businesses
Farm Service Agency Loans (FSA)
- Provides loans to businesses 3.62%APR
- Must be a producer
- Has priorities for underserved communities (women, Latinos, African Americans, veterans and beginning farmers)
- Must have a basic business plan when you meet with them (not required to be a landowner)
- Contact your county FSA Office
Value-Added Producer Grant (VAPG)
- Helps agriculture producers enter into the value-added product market.
- 50% match of total project value
- Funds may be used for processing costs, marketing, and advertising expenses & Some inventory and salary expenses
- Visit rd.usda.gov to find the application
USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program
- Be a nonprofit or private corporation.
- Have fewer than 50 employees.
- Be located in a rural area outside a city with a population of 50,000 or more.
- Have less than $1 million in annual gross revenue.
- Amounts are typically between $10,000 and $500,000 and can be used for land and equipment.
- Visit the grants.gov website for more details
Emergency Assistance for Livestock Honeybees and Farm-raised Fish Program (ELAP) and Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
- Provide financial assistance for livestock losses due to disease, and certain adverse weather conditions (including blizzards and wildfires).
- Eligible losses: honey bee feed, colony and hive losses reported with a notice of loss within 30 days after a loss is apparent.
- Producers can apply to receive ELAP assistance at local FSA service centers.
- For additional information visit the fact sheet at www.fsa.usda.gov/ELAP