Bee and Butterfly Fund Seed A Legacy Program
- For establishing high-quality pollinator habitat to ensure honey bee and monarch butterfly populations thrive.
- Minimum of 2 acres; 50% seeded with monarch seed mix and 50% with honey bee mix.
- 2-25 acres: no cost for seed, 25+ has cost-share program.
- Enrolled acres are restricted from haying, mowing, shredding and/or grazing from April 1st to September 30th of each year of the 5-year contract.
- The application can be found on their website: beeandbutterflyfund.org, please review guidelines before applying.
- Non Profit, corporate, or private funded restoration projects (2+acres) are eligible to receive free milkweed plugs.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have a land management plan and that other nectar sources are either pre-existing or are included in the project.
- Recipients will be responsible for shipping and handling costs, which are modest compared to the value of the plants. For most shipments, four flats cost $40-$60 to ship via UPS Ground, (20-30 cents per plant).
- Applications can be found on monarchwatch.org. Please review the information page before ordering.
- Offer technical assistance to design a custom mixture for your habitat project. With over 280 species of grasses, legumes, and wildflowers available.
- PF also offers pre-made seed mixes based on reference plant communities of Nebraska; from tallgrass prairies of the east to short-grass prairies of the west.
- Mixes can be found at nebraskapf.comor contact your local biologist.
Corners for Wildlife
- Provides a steady income on center pivot irrigation corners when a high diversity grass and wildflower mix is planted to increase wildlife and pollinator habitat.
- Agree to establish wildlife habitat on areas next to a center pivot. The land does not have to be operated by the same person that operates the acres under the pivot.
- Materials are cost-shared 75% by Nebraska Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever with the landowner responsible for 25% of the material costs.
- For more information visit NebraskaPF.com or call 844-733-3669